These are a series of letters written to my parents in 2006 from America.
1. Coming to America
3. Civil Unions in Massachusetts
4. Hobbits with Guns
5. Thanksgiving in New England - reflections on time
6.Mitt Romney's Constitutional Crisis of 2006
7.Police at the bottom of the Hill
8.Elegy to Justice Kelly of the ACT Supreme Court
1. Wild Nettles
4. To my mother
5. A smile in their eyes
6. Predicting Risk
7. The Big Man from Sydney
8. On Leadership - To Catilius Severus
2: LecturesMy published lectures are about contemporary civil law and are intended for the general reader. They are arguments around core issues that concern me: certainty/risk and legal realism.
Be prepared to be offended. I have no truck with the well meaning corrupt or those who consider law a modern invention of their own making.
The lectures can be found here.
3: TextsI am part-way through proofing an extensive text on the development of Fair Trial in the US. I will publish extracts here as I proof them.
With the Australian Risk Policy Institute I have prepared the following published submissions:
1. Access to land to coal seam gas or petroleum exploration - January 2014
2. Transport costs for a monopoly provider - January 2014
3. Mandatory Child Seat Restraints - January 2014
4. Regulating Heavy Vehicles on Australian Roads - January 2014
5. Inquiry into the Wrongs Act - January 2014
6. Water security for South East Queensland - January 2014
7. Modernising Queensland Resource Acts - January 2014
In a private capacity I have closely considered emerging policy aspects:
1. Chinese economy - the Credit sector, Update 2/14, Update 3/14
2. Managerialism - in progress
3. Oil Pricing - in progress
A periodic update of recent Australian policy issues:
1. April 2014
Background Papers for the Institute:
Making Sense of Risk
Commission of Audit - Taxation Issues
Federation White Paper - Background Briefing on Vertical Fiscal
Federation White Paper - Background Briefing on Regional Issues
Federation White Paper - Progress
Regulatory Reform - Apprentices
Misc ARPI material:
Meeting with ICCPM
All rights reserved.
Author: Peter Quinton